Rowan Trollope SVP at Cisco getting room-sized systems down to mobile phone size.
Many of you know my belief that Video is rapidly becoming a specialty of a Voice Engineer and Voice has become a Specialty of a Network engineer.
SO if you are booming a network engineer I have written a free (for now) Subnet Calculator for IOS. Feel free to download it from the App store.
Or Check it out at http://subnetplus.com
Cisco has Teamed up with iRobot to create the AVA500. I think it is a roomba mated with a Cisco EX60 Telepresence unit. No word if it cleans floors during meetings.
It should be available in 2014
One interesting piece of information I gleaned from Cisco Live this week is that TelePresence Server, Cisco’s software based MCU that works with both immersive and single screen Telepresence systems, Can now be virtualized.
This is pretty slick. Having virtualized MCUs will allow an enterprise to easily place MCUs (TelePresence Server) in branch offices thereby reducing WAN bandwidth when conferencing.
The marketing story is that Cisco will now be pushing TelePresence server over 5300 and 4500 series hardware based MCUs. This should reduce multipoint conferencing costs.
The hardware MCUs still have special use cases. TP server does not yet support video IVRs and multiway. It will be interesting to see where this goes.
Cisco’s Future of Video
CIsco Updated the free Jabber for Telepresence iPad app today to version 9.3.
New features include
- Supports for iPad mini
- Video optimizations for 4th generation iPad
- Intra-domain support with Microsoft Lync for IM/P
- Interoperability with Cisco Unified Video Advantage
you can download it at https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/cisco-jabber-for-ipad/id540243083?mt=8
This app support Cisco Unified Communications Manager, The Cisco VCS, WebEx integration as well as allowing useres to create and use a Cisco Jabber free hosted SIP address @jabber.com
CUCM and TC6 Software
- Cisco TelePresence System Codec C90 and Profile 65” Dual using C90 (TC4.2)
- Cisco TelePresence C90 Physical Interface Guide(TC4.1)
Codec API Reference Guides
- Cisco TelePresence System Codec C20 API Reference Guide (TC6.0) (PDF - 7 MB)
- Cisco TelePresence System Codec C40 and C60 API Reference Guide (TC6.0) (PDF - 8 MB)
- Cisco TelePresence System Codec C90 API Reference Guide (TC6.0) (PDF - 9 MB) New!